Topper’s 17 Success Tips and Tricks to Crack the GATE 2018
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is benchmark competitive entrance exam to measure and test the calibre among engineering and science graduate students. GATE score is useful for taking admission to postgraduate programmes in Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Indian Institutes of Technology, central universities, and prestigious engineering colleges. GATE qualified candidates also get stipend of Rs. 12,400/- by MHRD per every month, Government of India.
GATE score is not only useful for taking admissions into M.Tech /MS courses but also it is useful for selection in public sector undertakings like Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC), Bharat Heavy Electricals (BHEL), Indian Oil Corporation (IOCL), Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL), and National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC), Power Grid, National Hydroelectric Power Corporation (NHPC), Gas Authority of India (GAIL), and many more. So candidates who wanted to take admission into India’s top colleges or doing job in India’s top companies, GATE is the only way to enter. For an exam with such prestige and competitiveness, one requires good tips for its preparation.
1. Gather all the relevant important books for the subject. This gathering must include the books for Basic and Fundamental concepts as well as for specific problems, Guide book for GATE and previous year question papers.
2. Always try to go through the good standard text books which are simply available and in which you can simply understand the concepts. This will improve your learning capability.
3. First emphasise on understanding things, and then memorize concepts by subject wise.
4. Read syllabus and question papers cautiously, So that it will easy for you to make a proper approach.
5. No need to study the entire GATE syllabus. Everything mentioned in the GATE exam syllabus is not equally important.
6. Getting a good score in GATE does not depend on which book you follow. Continue studying the books that you are studying since the 2nd year. Refer to the books by publishers that you are most comfortable with.
7. Initially focus on understanding the concepts and finally concentrate on mastering each topic.
8. Always prepare your personal notes where you have written all the important points from each chapter of each subject. You will need them during revision.
9. You should also get in touch with some GATE Experienced persons for proper guidance. (If available)
10. Try to solve as many problems as possible from different books as well as try to find more and more tricks. Follow the same procedure for the rest of the chapters and subjects.
11. Try to apply your own logical methods and tricks in resolving problems and note it down which is good for time management in GATE Exam.
12. Do not practice questions in rough notebook. You may need to see the solutions at the time of revision.
13. Solve numerical type questions as much as possible. Because GATE exam is known for numerical type questions. There is no negative marks for numerical type questions.
14. Take practice tests and try to achieve a very good score.
15. Always check your GATE exam preparation. Solve previous years GATE papers or test series.
16. Revise periodically (Time to Time). Revision is one of the most important steps of the GATE preparation process.
17. Finally, go for self-tests based on whole syllabus and if necessary take help of others in conducting self-tests.
These are some simple tips from toppers of GATE exam which can help you to achieve better in your GATE 2018 exam. These tips are simple in nature but can be very useful for your GATE 2018 preparation.